#ShiaGenocide: Shia leaders in Pakistan present their demand as #QuettaSitin cotinues – by Kamil Hazara
Shia leaders present their demands as sit-in continues
After a day of tragedy in Quetta in which over 100 Shias and more than 10 Sunnis were killed by Deobandi militants (Sipah Sahaba aka ASWJ) and more than 200 wounded, Shias have staged a sit-in protest for indefinite period. A big number of women and children are also participating in it. The protest was called after local Shia leaders decided not to bury the dead unless their demands are met.
Their demands are:
- Full enforcement of the legal ban on Sipah Sahaba which currently is allowed to operate freely under new name ASWJ. Arrest ASWJ leaders (namely Ahmed Ludhianvi, Malik Ishaq, Tahir Ashrafi, Aurangzeb Farooqi, Qazi Nisar) and punish them for inciting hate speech against Shia Muslims;
- Carry out targeted operation against leaders and militants of Sipah Sahaba (currently operating as ASWJ-LeJ); arrest them and provide exemplary punishment to them after summary hearings;
- Urgently implement death sentence to ASWJ-LeJ militants already sentenced to death by the court;
- Stop allowing publication of threats to Shia community by LeJ-SSP in local newspapers and TV channels. Stop providing air time to Ahmed Ludhianvi, Tahir Ashrafi, Malik Ishaq and other ASWJ-LeJ leaders in the media;
- Financially compensate over 1000 Shia victims (Rs. 1 million per victim), and provide Rs.0.5 million plus free medical facilities to the wounded;
- Provide jobs to every victim who lost their guardians or male members;
- Provide protection to the Shia businessmen, transporters, vendors, officers, school, college and university students;
- Set up security check posts of police in areas where Shias have been regularly targeted. In particular, set up permanent check posts in and around Alamdar Road and Hazara Town;
- Provision of free licensed weapons for self defence, X-Ray scanners, training to Shia volunteers to defend their life, property, family. Allow Shia scouts and volunteers to set up private security in Shia areas;
- End of apartheid in the Balochistan University and other institutions against the Shia Hazaras, and all Shias;
- Resettle the Shia Hazara families who were evicted from Khuzdar and Machh and protect and compnesate them;
- Full and accurate coverage of Shia genocide by Deobandi militants of Sipah Sahaba (ASWJ-LeJ) in media; must not obfuscate as Hazara specific ethnic or Sunni-Shia sectarian violence. Pakistan government, in particular Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority PEMRA, must take action against those media channels and newspapers which misrepresent Shia genocide as Sunni vs Shia sectarian violence or present it as Hazara specific ethnic violence.
- Set up high-level judicial inquiry, also including members of the UN, HRW, Amnesty and HRCP, to investigate allegations of collusion between militant groups and military intelligence and paramilitary forces.
Source : http://criticalppp.com/archives/238131