#ShiaGenocide in Quetta: List of demands by Pakistan’s Shia Muslims
Shia leaders present their demands as sit-in continues
After yet another tragedy on 16 Feb 2013 in which 110 Shia Muslims (including 25 non-Hazara Shias and 85 Hazara Shias) were killed in Quetta by Takfiri Deobandi militants of Sipah-e-Sahaba (aka ASWJ-LeJ) and almost five weeks after a similar tragedy (10 January 2013) in Quetta in which over 100 Shias and more than 10 Sunnis were killed by Deobandi militants, Shias of Pakistan are currently staging a sit-in protest for indefinite period in all major cities of Pakistan and also abroad. A big number of women and children are also participating in these protests.
These are unprecedented times and call for unprecedented measures. The following objective and list of demands has been prepared in consultation with Shia Hazaras, non-Hazara Shias, progressive and faith-based Shia groups in Pakistan and abroad.
(1) Stop Shia genocide in Pakistan. Government must acknowledge that the atrocities against Shia Muslims are tantamount to genocide.
(2) Outlaw apostatizing of Shia Muslims (including Kafir Shia slogan) by an Act of Parliament.
(3) Army must take targeted action against Takfiri Deobandi militants of ASWJ-LeJ /Sipah-e-Sahaba.
In order to achieve the above three objectives, it is important to address the following issues:
- Army must be made directly responsible and accountable for the law and order situation including safety of all people including Shias in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan.
- Full enforcement of the legal ban on Sipah-e-Sahaba which currently is allowed to operate freely under new name ASWJ. Arrest ASWJ leaders (namely Ahmed Ludhianvi, Malik Ishaq, Aurangzeb Farooqi, Qazi Nisar) and punish them for inciting hate speech against Shia Muslims;
- Carry out targeted military operation in the notorious areas of the Balochistan province known for being the training camps and hide outs of the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (Sipah Sahaba – ASWJ) terrorists, most importantly, Saryab Road in Quetta, Kanak and Mastung. All leaders and militants of ASWJ-LeJ must be arrested and awarded exemplary punishment after summary hearings;
- Urgently implement death sentence to ASWJ-LeJ militants already sentenced to death by the court including Akram Lahori and other dangerous terrorists;
- Outlaw publication of threats to Shia community by the ASWJ-LeJ in local newspapers and TV channels. Stop providing air time to Ahmed Ludhianvi, Malik Ishaq and other ASWJ-LeJ leaders in the media;
- Financially compensate all Shia victims (Rs. 1 million per victim), and provide Rs.0.5 million plus free medical facilities to the wounded; all those injured in terrorist attacks be treated on Government expenses in Agha Khan Hospital, Karachi and other reputable and trustworthy hospitals
- Provide jobs to a member of of every victim family who lost their guardians or male members;
- Release innocent Shia Muslims arrested in false cases;
- Provide protection to the Shia businessmen, transporters, vendors, officers, school, college and university students;
- Set up security check posts of police in areas where Shias have been regularly targeted. In particular, set up permanent check posts in and around Alamdar Road and Hazara Town;
- Provision of free of cost licensed weapons for self defence, X-Ray scanners, training to Shia volunteers to defend their life, property, family. Allow Shia scouts and volunteers to set up private security in Shia areas;
- End of apartheid in the Balochistan University and other institutions against the Shia Hazaras, and all Shias;
- Resettle the Shia Hazara families who were evicted from Khuzdar and Machh and protect and compensate them;
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and all High Courts should take suo moto action on Shia genocide and persecution
- Full and accurate coverage of Shia genocide by Takfikri Deobandi militants of Sipah Sahaba (ASWJ-LeJ) in the media; provide full protection to media persons from LeJ-ASWJ terrorists; media must not obfuscate as Hazara specific ethnic or Sunni-Shia sectarian violence. Pakistan government, in particular Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority PEMRA, must take action against those media channels and newspapers which misrepresent Shia genocide as Sunni vs Shia sectarian violence or present it as Hazara specific ethnic violence.
- Set up high-level judicial commission, also including members of the UN, HRW, Amnesty and HRCP, to investigate allegations of collusion between militant groups and military intelligence and paramilitary forces.
According to Human Rights Watch (HRW), “The Pakistani government’s persistent failure to protect the Shia Muslim community in Pakistan from sectarian attacks by Sunni [Deobandi] militant groups [Sipah Sahaba Taliban aka LeJ-ASWJ], is reprehensible and amounts to complicity in the barbaric slaughter of Pakistani citizens. The government should immediately hold accountable those responsible for ordering and participating in deadly attacks targeting the Shia across Pakistan and particularly the Hazara Shia in Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province.”
کوئٹہ یکجہتی کونسل کا اعلان
شہر کو فی الفور فوج کے حوالے کیا جائے
فوج دہشتگردوں کے خلاف فی الفور آپریشن کا آغاز کرے
حکومت میں شامل وزراء ، فوج اور آئی ایس آئی کے افسران جو دہشتگردوں سے ملے ہوئے ہیں اور ان کی سرپرستی کر رہے ہیں ان کو فورا” بے نقاب کر کے ان کے خلاف عدالتی ٹرائل شروع کیا جائے۔
مطالبات کی منظوری تک شھداء کی تدفین نہیں ہوگی اور جنازوں کے ساتھ کوئٹہ اور پورے پاکستان میں احتجاجی دھرنا جاری رہے گا۔
Video: Tens of thousands of Shia Muslims protest in Quetta against Shia genocide by Takfiri Deobandi militants of ASWJ-LeJ
Source : http://criticalppp.com/archives/243495