Identity, Equality, Unity
Welcome to the World Shia Forum (WSF).
The aims of the WSF are as follows:
1. To safeguard Shia Muslims’ socio-cultural, religious, economic and all other rights as equal citizens in all countries of the world;
2. To identify and discuss key issues and challenges facing Shia Muslims across the world;
3. To create three levels of unity and harmony between : (a) various sub-sects and denominations of Shias such as Isna Asharies, Zaidis, Aga Khanis, Bohris, Alwaiites ; (b) various sects of Islam such as Jafari (Shia), Hanafi, Shafei, Hanbali, Maliki, Salafi; (c) Muslims and non-Muslims including Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists etc;
4. To develop Shia Muslims as progressive, law abiding, responsible members of society in each country including in Western countries;
5. To highlight the persecution and massacres of Shia Muslims in Pakistan, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Palestine, Egypt and other countries;
6. To create awareness against all forms of religious extremis and terrorism spreading in Muslim communities;
7. To create awareness about Shia genocide currently taking place in Pakistan, Afghanistan and other countries at the hands of the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Sipah-e-Sahaba and other Jihadi-Deobandi and Jihadi-Wahhabi militants.
We will update the aims and the scope of the WSF in the light of your feedback.
Secretary General: Mukhtar Askari
Coordinator: Ali Abbas Taj
Twitter: @WorldShiaForum and @AliAbbasTaj
Google Groups: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/worldshiaforum